Tuesday, October 2, 2018

What I Want Out of the Class

I want to get a few things out of this class, mainly being how to use technology in an everyday working life. Growing up in today's day in age, you are around electronics a lot, so it is only right to assume you will need to be able to properly use technology in your career path, no matter how weird it may seem. I want to learn where computers started from, how they evolved, and how they became so important to our society today. I also want to learn about virtual communities, and the way they function. Many careers and jobs in the future will probably require me to navigate the virtual world of the web, so I will need to know how exactly to do that.
Another thing I want to get out of this class is new knowledge on computers in general. Computers are a very complicated thing, with many parts to them that make them work, and it would be interesting to see how some of those things operate. Also, internet security is a big thing for me to learn, because of how important it is to some careers and jobs.
One last thing that I want to get out of this class would have to be knowledge of how the internet "trends" happen, and why they do. As a kid born in 2000, many internet trends have happened in my lifetime, most of the times being very unexpected, and becoming very popular. One example of this is social media in general, as Myspace was the big thing for a while, then Facebook, then Instagram, Snapchat, and now Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment